I am using an Android phone which cover my all phone memory?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am using a sumsung mobile which is having android o.s and i am very disappointed from it..it sucks my phone memory..i always found thumbnails and miscellinious file which cover approx 2 g.b of my phn memory....this is totally waste

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about memory (RAM)? Or storage? They're different things.

Android uses as much memory as it can - unused memory is wasted memory. That has nothing to do with how much you can store on the phone - that's like the hard drive on a computer.

Having an app in memory doesn't use battery. You always have something in memory, even if it's random bytes or all 0s. Only apps that are running use battery. (Apps in storage don't use battery either.)

If you use the Home key when you're finished using an app, that will drain battery, because the app is still running - use the Back key when you finish using an app.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If you use the Home key when you're finished using an app, that will drain battery, because the app is still running - use the Back key when you finish using an app.
That depends on the app in question. Some, like email apps, will still run a minimal amount to check for status updates and notifications. When I'm in a game and use the home button, yes they are sent to the background and effectively paused. I don't see any increased battery use doing that vs using the back button. Eventually the OS will likely kill those off anyway to make room for other apps that need the RAM.