The notification number is very often different to the number of emails I have. For instance: this morning, according to the app, I had 24 emails waiting for me but when I opened the app there was only 4. This keeps happening and I have taken it into my local 3 shop but they didn't know why it was happening. I have checked the settings and there is nothing that stands out as being wrong.

Anyone got any ideas?
    04-27-2018 04:56 AM
    Badging still isn't perfect, that's why. Even with Nova Launcher's badging, which has been out for years, it's still occasionally off by more than a few. (It depends on the app with the messages, calls, etc., reporting the number it has correctly, and some still just don't. If you're working on, say, converting a texting app to RTF, badging isn't high on your list of things to check, let alone fix. An old app may have the number reporting API just sort of "taped on".)

The more we get, the more we have to be patient until they get it working. (MMS, at the beginning, couldn't be done across carriers. And that wasn't fixed for a few years.)
    04-27-2018 03:49 PM