Hello everyone,

I recently installed an AVH2300NEX in my 2014 Jetta.
    I am only having issues with constantly losing gps signal when using the navigation through android auto. Music plays well through google play i dont have any issues connecting. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this issue.

I have a bypass hooked up on the head unit im wondering if that is affecting it just because technically my parking brake is on all the time.

I am using a LG G5 so usb-c but its the cable that came with the phone. I dont seem to be having issues connecting to the phone.

Thanks for anyhelp
    05-08-2018 10:38 AM
    If you're talking about the GPS signal from the Phone (some Pioneer head units have GPS in the head unit), the GPS receiver has nothing to do with USB, Bluetooth, the head unit or the parking brake. It's a separate receiver operatint at 1227.60 MHz and 1575.42 MHz so it has nothing to do with anything in the head unit or the rest of the phone.

What it does need, though, is a clear shot at the sky. If it can't "see" through the windshield, you could be cutting off the GPS signal. Install GPS Status & Toolbox and you'll be able to see what's happening with the GPS receiver, how many (and which) satellites it's receiving, etc.
    05-08-2018 01:01 PM
    I will try that out and let you know.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry i wasnt signed in when i posted the question.
    05-08-2018 06:05 PM
    If you're talking about the GPS signal from the Phone (some Pioneer head units have GPS in the head unit), the GPS receiver has nothing to do with USB, Bluetooth, the head unit or the parking brake. It's a separate receiver operatint at 1227.60 MHz and 1575.42 MHz so it has nothing to do with anything in the head unit or the rest of the phone.

What it does need, though, is a clear shot at the sky. If it can't "see" through the windshield, you could be cutting off the GPS signal. Install GPS Status & Toolbox and you'll be able to see what's happening with the GPS receiver, how many (and which) satellites it's receiving, etc.
    Hey I tried that app and i think my gps sensor is messed up. I took a screen shot and it always says looking for a gps location and never finds one.
    05-10-2018 05:34 PM
    So I have a new phone and I used the app above and it takes about 2 seconds and it located my signal as seen below. I'm going to reformat my LG g5 and see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks for your help.

I will post in here if I manage to fix the gps issue.
    05-20-2018 06:44 PM