Can you comepletely get rid of Google Assistant, or at least get it off the home screen?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Android Central Question

I was using my apps (gmail, chrome, YouTube ex.) When I pressed the home screen button and noticed something called "Assistant" On my home screen. I clicked on it and it was a Google app that had just appeared out of nowhere some time in the past few hours. I never use any search systems besides Google Chrome, so I when to my settings to try to delete it, when I noticed it wasn't in my settings any where, not it my apps or anything. I thought it would be like Chrome where it showed up in my apps in settings, but I couldn't delete it, only turn it off. Is there any way to get it off of my home screen? I don't want to have to look at it or constantly accidentally click on it instead of another app. What's weird is I don't have a normal phone. I don't have Android or Apple or Samsung, I have an Honor phone. My phone model is the Honor 6X, so I didn't think that a random app would appear out of nowhere without context or warning. Please, if there is any way to get it off of the home screen I would greatly appreciate if you helped me out. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty