Image Uploads in Web browser

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, this is a bit of a cross over between Android and HTML PHP but I think the problem is with Android.

In Chrome I go to a HTML page which has multi file upload.

I have some PHP script to upload files in a web browser but it seems to do an odd thing.

It is supposed to send a multi file array of images.

On an Android, if you select

Documents/Images/Camera then multi select - it works fine and all images are sent

If you select

Documents/Photos/Camera and multi select - the phone only sends 1 image even though several are selected

So there seems to be a difference between "Images" and "Photos" but I don't understand why. It seems to be an issue on more recent versions of Android, I have a J5 which updated just today has the above problem but I also have an old Motorola Moto G on Android 5.1 which will upload multiple files from either images or photos

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Documents/Images/Camera then multi select - it works fine and all images are sent

If you select

Documents/Photos/Camera and multi select - the phone only sends 1 image even though several are selected

So there seems to be a difference between "Images" and "Photos" but I don't understand why.
Because /DCIM/Photos and /DCIM/Images are different folders, so even if you have the same image files in both of them (which is a waste of storage space), they're not the same, and the permissions may not be the same. you'd have to do a lot of manual playing, or write an app to do it, to find out exactly what the differences are. (Do exactly what Chrome is doing to both folders and see what happens, step by step, for each step. When you see something different, you'll know what the problem is.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87