hey, i have a galaxy grand 2 duos. i was using m mobile for many years but yesterday my phone was on charging when the charging reached 100% i removed it from charging and the phone stopped and is not working. i restarted it and then this statement ... unfortunately dmg has stopped .... appeared. it is appearing rapiditly after mili seconds . i had done hard reset but still this error is not gone. Is is possible to fix it???
    05-25-2018 09:20 PM
    I am using Intex Cloud Zest with Android Lollipop.
    05-26-2018 07:44 AM
    What is the meaning of dmg ?
    05-26-2018 04:28 PM
    Unfortunatly DMG has stopped

what this problem?

how to solution?

Plz Help
    05-26-2018 10:26 PM
    Was this you? https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-solution.html
    Or perhaps this? https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...s-stopped.html

Unfortunately, I understand DMG in the context of Apple Mac computers, I have not heard it in reference to Android devices. Is it possibly an app you have installed?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    05-26-2018 10:41 PM
    Hi, I am also facing the same problem with my mobile, since yesterday afternoon. How to solve this issue? please help......
    05-26-2018 11:45 PM
    What is the meaning of dmg ?
    unfortunately dmg has stopped it pop up rapidly on screen. Please help how to solve it
    05-27-2018 02:00 AM
    Unfortunately, DMG has stopped. WHAT'S THE SOLUTION ?
    05-27-2018 05:37 AM
    Several threads merged to keep everything together.

Correction: to try to keep everything together.
    05-27-2018 05:48 AM
    Ever since I turned my phone again this keeps popping up ever second or sometimes milisecond, phone is unusable utok q55, I may have around a second to use my phone and its extremely slow, help needed asap.
    05-27-2018 11:16 AM
    Unless it's the launcher causing the problem, there should be no reason the device is completely unusable when this happens.

Does this happen in Safe Mode? https://support.google.com/android/answer/7665064?hl=en

Can you boot to recovery and clear cache? https://forums.androidcentral.com/am...-clearing.html

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    05-27-2018 12:15 PM
    Hii my device Micromax Canvas q413 my device problem unfortunately DMG has stopped plz perfect my device
    05-27-2018 02:35 PM
    Happens in Safe Mode. The reason why I said unusable is because popups literally come back every single second, everything is slowed down and I dont have time to do stuff
    05-27-2018 03:06 PM
    A dmg file is a MacOS executable. It's almost a sacrosanct group of 3 letters, like txt - it has meaning to the entire industry. If some cellphone manufacturer has named one of its apps DMG, that's the manufacturer's fault. (I've seen this sort of thing many times with Chinese manufacturers - they don't immediately understand a file extension in English so they see nothing wrong with using it as an extension or filename. By the time it's out in the field and causing problems, it's too late to change it. [And they probably wouldn't anyway, because they don't issue updates.])

As far as what DMG is - that's anyone's guess. That's like a camera app named TextEditor. When the name says "this can't be", no one but the person who named it has any idea what it means. And, other than the questions here on Android Central, the only references on the internet that have anything to do with "android" and "dmg" are talking about transferring files from an Android phone to a Mac.
    hallux likes this.
    05-27-2018 04:10 PM
    Do any of you have this app installed? https://www.amazon.com/Unlimitred-Co...cUvbUpU6253397
    05-27-2018 09:44 PM
    Have the same problem too.
    05-28-2018 02:53 AM
    Pls I want to use my phone
    05-28-2018 05:38 AM
    I've made this thread a Sticky for easier reference. Note that without feedback to answers offered, we're unlikely to arrive at an understanding of this issue.
    hallux likes this.
    05-28-2018 06:20 AM
    I dont have it installed.
    belodion likes this.
    05-28-2018 08:25 AM
    Do any of you have this app installed? https://www.amazon.com/Unlimitred-Co...cUvbUpU6254066
    Good find. But I get a "web page not found" error when I run it.
    05-28-2018 10:01 PM
    I can see it, maybe it's a regional thing?

Here's the description of that app, not sure it's something we want to encourage folks to install (not that he was)

This app will be of great utility when of wanting listen online music, download any track long as either with copyleft e even share in totally free social networks, besides that require no log type, since only must of performing a search of the song or artist who you want and ready.

Once you've found the song you want, you can listen online to analyze which is the one looking for and then download if you like. This app is a buscador e organizer information found publishes in internet and that simply links, and not host any kind of multimedia files.

The app does not host mp3 files only looking music videos on youtube and nays converter video to mp3
    Just like you, I'm still not seeing any other reference to DMG on Android except for this thread and the AFT app for macOS.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-29-2018 04:47 AM
    It would be helpful in all cases if we knew what phone and region.

Some phones are bad, and furthermore come with bad bloatware. This is more the case in some regions than in others.

I’ve played with bad phones, and had those “X has stopped” messages on them. I’ve never had that on good phones.
    05-29-2018 08:08 AM
    utok q55 balkan
    05-29-2018 12:34 PM
    You mean when you try to open the app after installing it? If so, then maybe that's why some people are getting the error.
    05-29-2018 05:32 PM
    Here's the description of that app, not sure it's something we want to encourage folks to install (not that he was)
    Yep, it sounds like one of those shifty "free music downloaders" that people think allows them to get paid music for free. If you read the fine print for these kinds of apps, they're technically meant for "research," and you're supposed to voluntarily delete any music track you download once you're finished "researching" -- otherwise, you're violating copyright law. These apps comb the web for filesharing sites that have the music you're looking for, which means (a) the music is likely pirated, and (b) it could also have some nice juicy malware in it.
    05-29-2018 05:38 PM
59 123