The accessory port for charging my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge doesn't work anymore. What should I do?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So here's what happened. 3 days ago there was an update for the phone so I immediately installed it. Every night before I sleep I let my phone charge (using the fast charger) until the morning like I NORMALLY do. This morning my phone was turned-off, when I turned it on it had a pop-up but I forgot what it said. It was on 67% battery life, it didn't charge at all. Then I checked the micro usb end of the charger, it was burned like it popped while it was connected to the phone. So now I can't use any WIRED chargers to charge my phone (tried other chargers) and the cable for the fast charger is destroyed too.

Before this update S7 Edge was charging without any problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone still under warranty? If so, contact Samsung for warranty repair. Otherwise, bring it to a repair shop to replace the microUSB port.

The update was probably coincidental -- it's unlikely that a software update would've led to a short while charging.