Why Hard Reset or Factory Reset Failed to Unlock My HTC 626G+ Dual Sim Android Phone?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I activated Lost or Stolen Security feature on my HTC 626G+ android phone and registered it with Device recovery on Google with password
I removed the battery and when I returned it back, the phone was locked with Arithmetic interface to enter PIN. I can't lock into my phone despite having Hard rest several times
I tried Safe mode start up but still can't access my phone.
What can I do now since the phone can't even connect to my laptop
Several password attempts can't bring up forgot password pop-up
The phone rings and I answer calls but I am no longer connected to internet through Data connection or Wifi.

Can someone here help me unlock my phone I fear losing it

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you only removed the battery, that only rebooted the phone -- it wasn't a factory data reset. This won't take away the requirement to enter the PIN you originally created as your screen lock. Most phones don't have a "forgot password" option any more, so if you forget your PIN/password, you're typically out of luck. Doing a factory reset will activate Google's Factory Reset Protection, which will prompt you to enter the Google account and password that was associated with the phone -- if it's your account, then at least you can do a factory reset and use the phone. But you'll lose all of your data.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28526