After downloading latest Samsung update on my Note 8 the SD card is corrupted

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I allowed the latest Samsung update to auto download at 2am while I was sleeping. When I awoke and went to use my Note 8 to access business files saved on my SD card the device did not recognize or acknowledge that my card was present. I removed the card and re-inserted it but still same issue that Note 8 did not know a card was present. I then inserted the card into my wife's Galaxy S7 and it worked fine. Her S7 was able to access all of my data.

Next i backed up all the data/files on my laptop and tried re-inserting back into Note 8.

I went through the prompts on Samsung website to reformat the card and after that the SD card showed to be corrupted.

It is obvious that the latest Samsung download is messing up SD Cards. Reported to Verizon and they claim this had never been reported before telling me to send off my Note 8 which is not an option as i use it daily to run my company.

Anyone else have this issue?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I allowed the latest Samsung update to auto download at 2am while I was sleeping. When I awoke and went to use my Note 8 to access business files saved on my SD card the device did not recognize or acknowledge that my card was present. I removed the card and re-inserted it but still same issue that Note 8 did not know a card was present. I then inserted the card into my wife's Galaxy S7 and it worked fine. Her S7 was able to access all of my data.

Next i backed up all the data/files on my laptop and tried re-inserting back into Note 8.

I went through the prompts on Samsung website to reformat the card and after that the SD card showed to be corrupted.

It is obvious that the latest Samsung download is messing up SD Cards. Reported to Verizon and they claim this had never been reported before telling me to send off my Note 8 which is not an option as i use it daily to run my company.

Anyone else have this issue?

I believe there is another thread in here somewhere and there were a few people this happened to.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Samsung did that to the, I believe it was, S3. SanDisk came out with a fix to their cards (an SD card is actually a tiny, complete computer) that fixed the problem - before Samsung came out with a fix to the update. If you have a SanDisk card, contact them (SanDisk microSD Tech Support, live chat at the upper right). If not, see if your Verizon store can reflash just the update. (It can be done, the only question is whether they will.) If they don't, you may want to contact an attorney - it's a liability issue. (And one attorney's letter can result in some amazing changes in what the store manager is willing to do for you. If he likes working for Verizon.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty