Android backups

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

The last two phones I've had, a Nexus 6P and a Moto Z Play Droid, have not given me the option to restore from.. here's the exact scenario:

I had the Nexus 6P for awhile but gave up after a few specific app problems, so I bought a Moto Z Play Droid.. made sure my 6P was set to backup Android data to my Google account before buying the Z Play..

When I set up my Z Play, the only backup available to restore data from was my old Samsung Tablet that I never use. I had to select apps and settings to install manually.. a pain.

This week I got an unlocked Moto Z2 Play, and using the same Google account as the Z Play, activated the phone. Once again, only my tablet's backup was an option to restore from, not my Z Play or even my Nexus 6P. Just that one old device was the restore option..

Anyone know how I can fix this so that when I have future phones/devices, the backup and restore process actually works?

Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Not sure what to suggest, since I am under the impression that this is on Google's side.

I can ask around if anyone else has other ideas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol