my Samsung galaxy s7 edge(SM-G935FD) is having this problem . in previous Android versions like Marshmallow it worked very well. But at the end of the Nougat updates, this problem started, suddenly the phone freeze and reboots itself, when it freezes there are multicoloured lines in the display(photo). and heats like hell.
    and after the last oreo update killed my phone. its rebooting in a loop, sometimes phone works but for a short time.
    I tried to factory data reset. there is this error message E: failed to find /misc partition cant reset or wipe cache.
    tried to flash but flashing with ODIN, but it did not fix the issue. cant flash with Re-partition checked
    tried TWRP recovery and couldn't wipe files or repair file system, Error message "Unable to Mount /data"
    tried to change the file system couldn't do it gives this Error E: recv error on uevent
    now after flashing with odin and it stuck on the boot logo
    so this is my sad story pls help me guys
    07-10-2018 12:27 PM
    my Samsung galaxy s7 edge(SM-G935FD) is having this problem . in previous Android versions like Marshmallow it worked very well. But at the end of the Nougat updates, this problem started, suddenly the phone freeze and reboots itself, when it freezes there are multicoloured lines in the display(photo). and heats like hell.
    and after the last oreo update killed my phone. its rebooting in a loop, sometimes phone works but for a short time.
    I tried to factory data reset. there is this error message E: failed to find /misc partition cant reset or wipe cache.
    tried to flash but flashing with ODIN, but it did not fix the issue. cant flash with Re-partition checked
    tried TWRP recovery and couldn't wipe files or repair file system, Error message "Unable to Mount /data"
    tried to change the file system couldn't do it gives this Error E: recv error on uevent
    now after flashing with odin and it stuck on the boot logo
    so this is my sad story pls help me guys

When you are in TWRP you need to go to wipe -> format data and type YES, then you can install a custom rom like TGP or Superman rom wish is based on stock if you like that. There are many roms out there for your device.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-...-v1-1-t3356699

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...oject-t3792761
    08-05-2018 05:54 AM
    This occurs because you have encrypted /data. By reformating as suggested you start all over again with a new unencrypted /data directory. TWRP can not read an encrypted directory.
    03-27-2019 02:08 AM