Type C to HDMI adapter, video output lag fix?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello everyone, I am currently using a HTC u11 in which I have tried connecting it to a monitor and TV via HDMI and there is very strong lag being output on monitor.

To be frank, my phone touch screen is totally black and unresponsive and this is the last option I have (before trying to get someone to hack into my own phone etc etc) in attempting to output HDMI onto an external and use a mouse to unlock my phone so as to access it.

I have tried 2 different adapters, 2 different HDMI cables, 2 different Tv/ Monitor and the problem seems to be constant throughout. Would there be any other options I can attempt or explore to get this to work?

Thank you in advance!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Probably not. As you guessed, you're converting a video file (whether the file is stored on your phone or you're receiving a video stream of it) to HDMI, and that takes a lot of processing power, which leads to what you're calling lag (which is really a synonym for high ping time on the internet). And it sounds as if the phone just turns the screen off when an HDMI adapter is connected - that can't be "hacked", it's part of the vendor code in the ROM.