Not receiving texts from some iPhones

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

A couple of weeks ago I switched from a Moto X to a Moto X4 and have not been able to receive text messages from some iPhones. I had no problems with my old Moto X. My wife still has a Moto X and receives all texts from the same iPhones that I don't work for me.

My problem seems very similar to people who have switched from iPhones to Android, but I have never had an iPhone. I've had the number for over 8 years and in that time it has never been associated with an iPhone. I went as far as trying to remover the number from iMessages through the Apple website.

In the process of changing phones, I also changed providers. For a few days I had a new number before my old number ported over. The new number texted with at least one iPhone. After porting, my old number stopped texting with that number.

I understand iMessages does some weird things regarding SMS. One of my contacts has deleted my contact and added me back, deleted our conversation (but not group threads I'm on) and gone into settings to select "Send as SMS".

Nothing has made any improvements yet.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get text messages from iPhones?

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I am having the very same issue. In my case I simply moved my SIM card over to an older iPhone while my Galaxy was having the screen replaced. When I switched back just last night I can call or text anyone on any phone but I won't get their reply and will only receive their call if their calling on an iPhone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Have each one of them send you a text with the SMS box marked. From then on, you'll get their texts. (It can even be a blank text and you can delete it - as long as their phone sees that your number requires SMS not iMessage, it will [should, anyway] work.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38