How to move the actual app Data into an SD Memory?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an LG Risio with Adroid 6.0 installed into it, what i want to do is to free up some internal memory space since 8GB its pretty small compared to now days newer phone models.

For example, I have an App called Fire Emblem Heroes, the total app size its 1.43GB of which 121MB its the app and 1.3gb its the Data, I used the built in option from the phone to migrate the app into my SD card and it claimed that the app is now on my SD card and using 1.43GB of its space, BUT when i check my SD card space it says its only using 150MB.

What I want to be able to move is the 1.3GB worth of data into the SD card as well, can anyone give me a hand on how to do that?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Most apps do not allow this due to substandard programming.
Most versions of android do not let apps get moved to the SD card. This feature is slowly going away.

Of the apps that use lots of data space (camera, maps, GPS navigation, games, etc) check the settings in the individual apps. Some apps will let you move their data to the SD card.

In reality, you are out of luck. 8 GB was never enough space for any realistic use of a mobile phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca