Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

I've already resynced the app. It reduced it to about 100 mgb. Then about 3 weeks later or lest it's back up again. The resyncing only appears to reduce the storage temporarily until everything is synced again.

If i delete the message in the stock message app will i lose ti in textra? or any suggesting? I need the messages. profession of Law and we keep client interactions.
    08-11-2018 09:16 AM
    I've already resynced the app. It reduced it to about 100 mgb. Then about 3 weeks later or lest it's back up again. The resyncing only appears to reduce the storage temporarily until everything is synced again.

If i delete the message in the stock message app will i lose ti in textra? or any suggesting? I need the messages. profession of Law and we keep client interactions.
    I've used Textra for a long time and I'm far from that
    Attached Thumbnails TEXTRA taking up 1 Gigabyte of stroage-60342.jpg  
    08-11-2018 09:21 AM
    If you need to retain messages for your law practice, you should get a separate message backup app, and store a extra copy on the cloud.
    The only thing I can think of to take up so much space in textra is if you were sending pics and video.
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    08-11-2018 09:27 AM
    Sounds like you are storing lots of messages with many of them containing pictures and/or videos.

Your phone is not a good place to keep old messages.
    If your job has requirements on message retention, you would be better off archiving the messages or otherwise backing them up then removing them from your daily-use phone.
    08-11-2018 02:02 PM
    As indicated by another poster - relying on your phone for data integrity is not a great solution, is Textra actually backing up your data to their servers? How does that match with regulatory compliance?

I found this regarding Textra backup - https://textra.uservoice.com/knowled...up-my-messages

Looks like if you delete the messages from the stock app they'll go away from Textra as well...
    08-11-2018 02:56 PM
    You can back up the messages as text using SMS to Text, then store them off-phone. (Backing them up as texts won't do you any good, because any time you restore the last backup, you'll get it all back.)

BTW, is a printed copy of a text legally useful for anything more than wasting trees? Anyone can fake a text.
    08-11-2018 04:47 PM