Alright i have tested in several 2017 and 2018 Chevy vehicles (mainly silverados(at least 4) but also tahoe, impalla, malibu) and all behave the same.

I have a LG Aristo (LG-M210) phone running Android 7.0. When i first got the phone a year ago it integrated and worked great with android auto for the first 2 months where i could speech to text, voice command anything i wanted, etc without issues. Ever since some update happened its been flaking out in nearly all aspects.

Big problem is I say "Ok Google" and it shut smusic off, 4 spinnign dots, makes its "badink" noise i say "text (phone contact here)". it says "Ok what do you want to say" makes the badink noise again i say whatever i want to say. It says OK is this correct and reads back what i said BUT it always adds "want to say" in front of whatever i said.

Its listening too soon and trying to text what its saying. When it asks "Do you want to send it" i have to start saying send it while its talking. If i wait till it stops or wait for the badink it always says "i didnt catch that." If i start saying "send it send it send it" while its still talking it will send it.

Been this way for months. I have uninstaled restarted the phone, reinstalled the app and google play and read everything under the sun about this problem and still no solution.

Problem 2 is the navigation. I voice search something poke the start navigation and it does. About 5-10 minutes later the screen goes black, bottom bar pops up, map returns, shows my above view dot (2D) for a few seconds then goes to standard 3D triangle showing me moving and following the route. Does this crap every 2-5 minutes after that indefinably. I downloaded the latest update that was supposed to fix this like a week ago. It actually fixed both problems voice text and navigation for a whole 2 days then voice started acting weird again then navigation is back to how it was.

I have tried factory phone 3ft cable, 6" cable, 3foot good quality cables, tried all 3 USB ports on vehicle with no help.

Ive about had it with all this Android Auto crap. They need to get the bugs worked out before trying to make it wireless and more fancy garbage.
    08-20-2018 08:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

Have your checked with the Chevy dealership to see if there is any new firmware for the cars' head units?
    08-20-2018 08:42 PM
    Yes - they did an update to my actual truck to allow it to update via its own wifi/onstar October last year trying to fix it. There is no way 7 different chevys (loaners for various problems) have the same exact problems. Every time Android Auto updates it makes everything so much worse.

How can I go back to May of 2017 version of android auto? That one actually worked. Googiling the problems i am not alone - its doing this on: Kia, Honda, Hyundai, Skoda, Volvo, Subaru, Chevy, GMC, VW with about 100 different phones and countries just to name a few.

Does anyone know of a non google app that allows voice to text to use via bluetooth (even paid)? Google/android clearly do not care about their app.
    08-21-2018 04:33 PM