pinning a note on home screen doesn't work?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm trying to pin notes to my homescreen so I can easily view them as a to-do list however I can't.

I've created a note using the S-pen and have clicked "pin to Home screen" and it has a pop-up says the note has been pinned to my homescreen. When I return to my homescreen I can't find the note or an icon anywhere?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You do know that you can move the shortcuts (that's what the icons on your home pages are) to any home screen you like, right? Just because a widget gets put on a separate page doesn't mean that it has to stay there. (Or a note either.)

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I just had this issue starting...this morning? I want to blame it on an update I had yesterday. I edited a pinned note last night before I went to bed. When I woke up this morning, the pinned and re-edited note had returned to the original note. Grrr. Whatever. But when I got to the gym, I created my new note, pinned it, and it is no where to be found on the home screen. Restart, no pinned note. Tried to pin a different note, no note on homescreen. Removed a bunch of pinned notes (maybe I had too many?) No use. No, it's not on a different page. Not in widgets. Most of the time I can deal with the little glitches but OMG this one is the one I use the MOST. ANyone else having issues? GOnna try the clean cache thing next.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I "fixed" it- I went to widgets, put one note widget up on the home screen. Tap to add a note and at first it still didn't work, but then all of the notes I was trying to pin earlier all of a sudden populated my screen(s)....like it was stuck or something. All is well...I can pin straight from Note app now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18