I deal with typescript files. Android identifies these as ts video files and only list video app to open them. How can i set a text editor to be the default app to open these. This has been a problem with many file types over the years.
    08-30-2018 07:57 AM
    Unfortunately unless you find an app that specifically supports these file types AND correctly registers in the system as being able to open them, the only way to do that is manually opening the file from an app that can open TS files or a text viewer that isn't 'picky' about extensions and will convert anything to text, no matter the format.
    08-30-2018 11:12 AM
    Are you talking about Typescript the programming language, that 's just plain text in the file? If so, rename the file to .txt to edit it, then rename it back to use it. (Or install Text Editor - you can look around the phone and open any file with that. [Of course, opening a zip file will give you garbage, but opening a .js file or a Typescript file will work.])

If you're talking about Typescript the printing language, you'll have to find an app that handles TS files - opening a file like that in a text editor will show you garbage.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    08-31-2018 04:53 PM