Finger print scanner stopped working

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I accidentally left my new Essential phone on top of my desktop pc. It was sitting directly on top of the power supply. Shortly after I noticed that my fingerprint scanner was no longer accepting input. After resetting the phone, the option that would normally lead the fingerprint settings disappeared. I decided to factory reset the phone but this didn't help either. Is this error caused by the magnetic pull from my power supply? And if so, is there a way to reverse the damage?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's more likely due to the heat from the power supply. there's no transformer in the power supply, so the only "magnetic pull" would be from current flowing through wires - and the current on the wires leading to the fingerprint scanner inside the phone itself would be producing a much stronger magnetic field.

Is there a way of reversing the damage? Sorry, probably not. (I'll be getting my third replacement phone in as many weeks tomorrow because the fingerprint scanner failed - and the fingerprint scanners in the first 2 replacements were defective - so you're probably in for the same thing - just hope that the first replacement works. If it's under warranty. If not, you'll have to pay to have the scanner replaced - then, if the option doesn't show up, reset the phone and hope that the option comes back, or you'll have to reflash the firmware.)

But it's not magnetic, no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress