I love my phone and all, but it won't pick up any MP3 files.
    So I have a lot of songs downloaded for opsu, a music-revolved rhythm game. All of the songs are stored in a folder, along with the rest of the app. However, when I open the in-phone music app, it won't detect any of the songs. What's more, the songs that are picked up are just random ringtones and junk from other apps. I tried copying and moving the MP3 files to an alternate file that the Music app will pick up, but then the game doesn't detect the music anymore. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    09-08-2018 01:54 PM
    Did you restart the phone after moving the files? If you didn't, the phone doesn't know that you moved them.
    09-08-2018 09:45 PM
    If you MOVE the files, the game will not know where to find them.

Using your favorite file browser app, check the game folder to see if there is a ".nomedia" file in the folder. If there is, it is preventing the folder from being indexed for the Media Database.
    One option would be to delete the .nomedia file. But this may result in the media database picking up more files than you want.
    A better option might be to COPY the desired sound files to a different folder, say "/Music". This will duplicate the files, but the game will still see its "private" copy while the music app can now see a "public" copy.
    09-09-2018 03:43 AM