Cant sent picture on my Textra messaging app

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have Samsung Galaxy S7 and I have the Pro version of Textra messaging app.
My issue is that I cant send pictures when I am connected to my wifi. Has anyone had issues with this or knows how I can resolve this issue? In my settings I have carrier has no limit set, and its still not working.

Thank You

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Textra does not do MMS over wifi, only pure text SMS. You need to turn on the mobile data radios to transfer pictures and videos. In the "developer" settings, I have turned on the option to keep the mobile data radios on even when wifi is connected.

While you are checking the settings, verify what your carrier's size limit is. "Unlimited" seems wildly unrealistic for SMS/MMS.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In my settings I have carrier has no limit set
You may have it set in your settings, but your carrier does have a limit (all of them do). The MMS standard has a limit of 600KB, but most carriers limit you to about 300KB. (It can't go over 600KB - the standard has no way to handle a file larger than that.)

Yes, iMessage can handle files larger than that. But iMessage isn't MMS. (And Apple won't allow anyone to use the iMessage standard without suing them into bankruptcy.)

RCS will overcome the limit - it will even overcome the need for a carrier - but eventually, not yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress