For security purpose , no one should be able to power off the mobile when it is locked.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Because if I have lost my mobile someone is able to power off it and put it in same position for a long time. So request is that mobile must be switch off when it is unlocked state.

Thanks in advance..

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Are you trying to provide feedback to Google on Android functionality? I suggest you use the feedback capability in Settings as this site is not affiliated with Google.

I'm not disagreeing with the thought. In fact, some devices DO have this capability.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Just for my own curiosity, do you know which devices include such a feature?

My S7 and Note 8 are this way. If the screen is locked and I hold the power button to power it off, the number pad appears with a message that I need to unlock my phone with my pin or finger print to power off.

I honestly thought this was native to Android. One of Samsungs many features I take for granted I guess.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
It appears my Samsung Tab S2 is the same way, can't power it off either without unlocking first.

Ancient Note 3 doesn't have the feature.

Got no other devices to test.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I just tried it on my Pixel 2 - it's not part of Android. It powered off from being locked.

That would be good feedback. It's no big deal to unlock the phone and power it off.