Android TV box WiFi very slow.

Kyle Collins3

Jun 7, 2018
Visit site
I just got my android TV box delivered. Got it set up and the internet is painfully slow. I did ookla speedtest app on my phone got 15Mbps. Did it on the box got 0.7Mbps. I've searched and searched but found nothing. My WiFi encryption is already AES not TKIP. Please help.

Specs:
CPU: Amlogic S905W Quad Cortex-A53 2.0GHz 64bit
GPU: Penta Core ARM Mali-450
RAM: 2GB DDR3
Flash: 16GB EMMC FLASH
LAN Ethernet: Up to 100M
Wifi: 802.11 b/g/n 2.4G
High Definition Video Output: 4k*2k
Card Reader: TF card (32GB max.)
USB Mechanical Hard Disk 2.5/3.5inch 4TB Storage
LED Indicator: Blue
Ports: 2*high speed USB Port; 1*SPDIF; 1*HD A Type Port; 1*RJ45; 1*AV Port; 1*DC(5V) in Port

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd say it;s just the WiFi transceiver in the box that's slow. I can't tell you whether that's because the manufacturer didn't put a very good transceiver in the box or because your particular box is bad - I don't have the same one (not that you told us which one you have) so I can't give you a comparison. You can add the make and model to your post (the little pencil on the top line of icons) or you can add a post with the information.

Or, since the box appears to have an Ethernet connection, you could try using a cable instead of WiFi, to see if that works better. That should give you an Ookla test of at least 80mbps or so, depending on how far you are from the nearest server (unless your internet connection is slower - then you should get about the speed you pay for).