S7 time incorrect on all apps

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The automatic time and the time on all of my apps is incorrect. I've had to edit my clock manually so I know the time but that didn't help any of my apps? Help, this is really annoying me.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you set the phone to automatic date and time and automatic time zone, the time showing is wrong? That time comes from the tower, and should be accurate to within at least 1 part in about 10^8. (Unless where you are is on a different time setting than the surrounding area. Some places change ST/DT on non-standard dates, 2, I believe, states in Australia don't use DT at all, India is half an hour off from sidreal time in some places, etc.)

In any case, check with a few other people in the area and if they're also off, contact your carrier. the wrong time at a tower also places it at the wrong location. (Tower location is by GPS, which needs an accuracy of about 3 parts in 10^9 or better. That's less than the time it takes a digit to change on a digital clock in seconds. Much less. The screen can't react that fast.)

If everyone else there is on automatic time and is correct, back everything up (some things are backed up to the Google cloud already) - see Backing up an Android Device - then Reflash the stock ROM for your variant of the S7 - see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN. Then restore everything. Automatic time should always be the most accurate (except for an app running on your phone - you might gain a digit or two more accuracy down around 1 part in 10^12 or so - not that you have any way of displaying that).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89