Galaxy s6 not booting properly and keep shutting down

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

How can I tell if it's a software or hardware issue and what exactly is making it act this way?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by "not booting properly"? Are you getting an error message, or does is it just in a bootloop?

If the phone shuts off without finishing the boot process, then the battery might be failing.

Honnybee7

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by "not booting properly"? Are you getting an error message, or does is it just in a bootloop?

If the phone shuts off without finishing the boot process, then the battery might be failing.

It will boot the issue is at some point it freezes or shuts down I can't even get to stage to unlock my phone without it freezing or shutting down. When it shuts down I either see a solid or blinking white light on top with Samsung galaxy s6 on the screen.

I'm not sure if the battery is the issue I left it fully charged and still can't use it without shutting off or freezing.

Honnybee7

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site

Oh also my phone overheats quickly I don't know if thats a sign of a bad battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38