How can I tell if it's a software or hardware issue and what exactly is making it act this way?
    11-12-2018 04:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by "not booting properly"? Are you getting an error message, or does is it just in a bootloop?

If the phone shuts off without finishing the boot process, then the battery might be failing.
    11-12-2018 05:45 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by "not booting properly"? Are you getting an error message, or does is it just in a bootloop?

If the phone shuts off without finishing the boot process, then the battery might be failing.
    It will boot the issue is at some point it freezes or shuts down I can't even get to stage to unlock my phone without it freezing or shutting down. When it shuts down I either see a solid or blinking white light on top with Samsung galaxy s6 on the screen.

I'm not sure if the battery is the issue I left it fully charged and still can't use it without shutting off or freezing.
    11-12-2018 05:59 PM

Oh also my phone overheats quickly I don't know if thats a sign of a bad battery.
    11-12-2018 06:07 PM
    You're correct -- a failing battery often overheats. You'd probably have to bring the phone to a repair shop.

See if the problem occurs in Safe Mode as well: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=lPgj9Fr8
    11-12-2018 06:32 PM
    You're correct -- a failing battery often overheats. You'd probably have to bring the phone to a repair shop.

See if the problem occurs in Safe Mode as well: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=6_07UMjY
    Yeah my phone still freezed and shut down in safe mode.
    11-12-2018 06:44 PM