How do I delete a gmail account that was my old work email that I can no longer access?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I first got my google pixel 2 over a year ago I had my work email synced to my phone for google play apps. Now that I left my job, I am no longer able to sign into that old email. I created a new gmail and it is linked with my google phone. However, my old email is still on the phone and I am unable to update certain applications because of this. It asks me to sign in to this old email in order to update apps. I am trying to delete the email so that my primary email on the phone is my new gmail; however, it is asking me to sign in to the old email in order to get rid of it. Any ideas on how I can delete this email off the phone so that I can add new apps and update apps?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Any apps you installed using that email address (which is also used as your Google account) can no longer be updated. Delete the email account (either from Gmail or from Settings/Accounts) and you should have no problem. The GMail account is still yours, and that's the account the apps are installed under (and should update under).