Is rooting worth it?

Fluen

Nov 15, 2018
Visit site
I am a pretty new android user, and I would like to know if rooting is worth it.
I really like the freedom on android, but some apps still require rooting.

I own a Samsung J5 2017(Low mid-tier phone), but I am scared, that it will leave my phone open for viruses, and possibly bricking it while rooting.

What is the chance, that I would brick my phone, and are there other things in need to consider/know about.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you do it right, you won't brick it.

As for leaving it pen to viruses, they aren't floating around in the air, just waiting for a phone to land on, you get them by going to infected sites or clicking on links you shouldn't. I always have my phones rooted, and I've never gotten a virus.

If you want to run something that requires root access you have 2 choices - root the phone or don't run the app. It's entirely up to you.

Nov 16, 2018
Visit site
It depends case by case. If you want some apps that need ROOT permissions, by all means do it. You can't really trust (for example) KingRoot, but once you are ROOTed you can switch over to SuperSU as your ROOT manager and uninstall KingRoot.

Also worst case senario you brick your phone. I did this to my S4 once. Everyone is so scared of it, but shouldn't be. all you have to do is load the stock ROM from your SD card and boom stock phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac