So I was trying to download Upflix APK from a site in mobile chrome. Meanwhile in the background, Netflix app was running and downloading a video. As soon as I pressed that download button in chrome to download the APK, the Netflix app opened up to the downloads tab. I'm scared if my account got hacked. No unusual activity in the viewing history and no change in language of the Netflix page or anything. Also, after that, whenever I use Chrome with Netflix running in the background, the Netflix app randomly opens up after some time. Also, there was no file downloaded after I pressed the button and no virus on my phone. Could I be overthinking? Can an app with a Netflix account be hacked like this?
    11-15-2018 11:05 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Downloading an apk doesn't install it, so it's unlikely you got hacked. But this raises the question of why you're downloading Upflix as an apk, when it's available on the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pflix&hl=en_US. Random apk sites are a good way to get malware, so it's best to avoid them.
    11-16-2018 03:36 AM