Is it a chat line app
    11-18-2018 08:55 AM
    No, it's the Samsung account app.
    11-18-2018 11:46 AM
    Okay, even tho it's said to be the Samsung app. Why does it show up as com.osp.app.signin on Google activity and not just Samsung app or internet as usual? Is it a like, secret mode?
    05-14-2019 11:50 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! This is all typical system behavior -- there's nothing secret about it. Don't try to read so much into it -- you'll just cause yourself unnecessary grief. If you're suspicious about somebody's actions, it's going to be best in the long run to start talking about it.
    05-14-2019 12:11 PM
    Okay, even tho it's said to be the Samsung app. Why does it show up as com.osp.app.signin on Google activity and not just Samsung app or internet as usual? Is it a like, secret mode?
    With all due respect, How is this typical behavior when it shows up in your Google activity as a web search. I am to recently having these issues. my phone has been hacked with spyware. I consistently review mine now, delete website data, cookies, cache, etc and log out of everything and have activity at all times of the night when im asleep. When i get back on my phone, all my apps that use google and my fb accts are logged back in. Even my search history in both google activity and chrome shows up with links, mostly from developing sites but occasionally system apps as well. Even videos watched of advanced coding in my youtube google activity. I dont even use that app. I have even had google log me out of all accounts, change my password on another computer, set up 2 step auth and still wake up the next and everything is logged back in. No text ever received with code either. I dont even show admin over my own phone. I think sometimes people should look into things that appear suspicious such as this. Escpecially it being a system app showing in web search in your activity. It doesnt show hidden apps running on your phone there. Phone could very well have spyware like mine. Unfortunately cannot seem to get any help in these forums because of responses like this one stating you are going to cause yourself unecessary grief and not be concerned. I assure you, the unecessary grief is when someone has gotten all your usernames, passwords, payment info. Or not being able to use my own phone cuz someone else is using my data at the same time im trying to. I am also looking for advanced help on this subject. Following~
    06-11-2019 08:15 PM
    1. Lots of things show up in Google activity if they're associated with your Google account in any way. com.osp.app.signin is related to the Samsung Account app, and so it would not be surprising if the Samsung Account app were intermittently accessing the web to refresh data related to your Google account. I'm not a Samsung nor Google engineer, so I can't tell you exactly what it's accessing -- but the point here is that this particular app is not malicious spyware, and its presence is not a sign that a person has been hacked.

2. If you set up 2-step authentication for your Google account and you're not getting a 2 step authentication code via text (and you're not using the Google Authenticator app), then I'd be concerned that it wasn't set up correctly. Consider doing it again: https://support.google.com/accounts/...DDesktop&hl=en. Having sophisticated spyware installed onto your phone by a "hacker" is much less common than most people assume, since it takes a good amount of skill to do it without any trace. Finding searches on your Google account that don't belong to you could have a number of explanations -- one possibility would be if you logged into your Google account on a public terminal, and then forgot to log out. The next person who came along to use Google Search wouldn't necessarily know that you were still logged in, and therefore those searches would become part of your search history.

3. Are you saying that you actually have been a victim of identity theft? If so, have you brought this to the proper authorities? Or are you simply concerned that you're at risk for identity theft? Identity theft is certainly a big problem, but that doesn't happen because of an app like the one mentioned in this thread showing up in Google Activity. If I had no idea what that app was, I certainly wouldn't say it's nothing to worry about. But I was able to find that the app is related to the Samsung Account app, and therefore I did not feel that it was of concern.

4. We get a lot of posts on these forums from jealous significant others who snoop on their partners' phones, find something they don't recognize or understand in Google Activity, and jump to all sorts of wild and unhealthy conclusions. Apart from the fact that these people are invading another person's privacy (it doesn't matter if they're a significant other), it's also usually much ado about nothing. The OP of this thread was worried about the app in question having to do with a chat line, so it's pretty clear what their line of thinking was, and is why I responded the way I did.

I apologize that my remarks were upsetting to you, but they really were not directed at your specific situation.
    belodion likes this.
    06-12-2019 04:14 AM
    We had a string of posts a couple of days ago, three from the same poster, asking whether the LIA Informant app on a phone is put there by the police for secret surveillance. In fact, it’s just a normal system app. The question has also been asked several times in the past.
    System apps, such as the one mentioned by the OP, are not in themselves harmful. That is not to say that bad things don’t happen. Have bad things happened in your case?
    06-12-2019 05:33 AM