Should I try to fix my laggy, low battery S6 Active

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi all,

I have really enjoyed my phone for the years I have had it. But it has become almost unusable. Verrrry laggy, and the battery does not last long at all. When I bought it, I chose it because of the water resistance and battery life. I also love the excellent camera. I'm thinking it's just time to be replaced. I am thinking of the Moto X4. The Amazon version is only $180 today. That also has water resistance, and having an SD card to hold more would prevent me from having to constantly manage the 32GB of space. I think the biggest thing I'll miss is the excellent photos and video from the S6. Should I try sending my S6 Active in to Samsung to replace the battery and "tune up". I think that service was $70 the last time I checked.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Well ... the reason the phone is "laggy" (lag actually refers to high internet latency) is because the battery is weak. And if you've been running the battery down below 40% constantly, that's why it's low.

But it's your choice. Or you can get a black Z2 Force (if you're on AT&T) for $99 (moto z² force edition - buy now | motorola US). Faster phone, more storage, later version of Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez