I cannot track down my lost phone by "fine your phone"

Ud K

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

I lost my phone 5 days ago in the foreign country. According to google's "find your phone", the last time the phone being online was 5 days ago. Because I was on the holiday trip, I was only able to call my mobile company and get them to lock and my device was blacklisted just after I noticed I did not have my phone. I then searched my phone 2 days after I lost it by "find your phone" tool. The handset icon in "find your phone" page has been showing in white colour. Does this mean that the handset has not been charged or offline, or someone already unlocked it and using it?

I tried to ring it, left message and finally requested to erase the data but I read that this can only be done when the handset is online... If someone else's already unlocking and using it, is my all data accessible? If so, is there anything else I could do to protect my data?

It would be great if someone can advice.

Many thanks,

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
It hasn't been online is what that means, and without it being online Google can't remotely wipe it either.

If someone found it or stole it, they shouldn't be able to get past your lock screen to get your data. If they reset it your data will be gone and they should be stuck with a paper weight as the phone will require your Google log in.

I don't think there is anything else you can do to protect the data on the phone, wouldn't hurt to change passwords if you're concerned.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Someone may have found it, wiped it and gotten around the FR protection (it can be done, but it's not easy [and no, I'm not telling anyone how to do it]). Blacklisting only works in some places - If you blacklisted it in the US, for example, it's still usable in Europe, Latin America, Asia, anywhere it has the right frequencies.

Whether the battery died or someone found it and is using it with a different number and account isn't something you can tell onlne, you'd have to physically have the phone to tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty