Why Can Maps sometimes Not Lock on the Satellite?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Mostly I navigate without any problems. Sometimes maps cannot find the satellite, shows the way on the map but is spacy and does not know where we are. I use it in the car. In the first two years of using, I never had this problem. Recently once or twice a day. What could that be?

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
Weather conditions, tree canopies, buildings, driving through valleys, all these things can effect reception from the satellites. Try locating your phone in a different location in your vehicle to rule out a fault with the phone.

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
What kodak and rukbat said. There were also 200+ documented incidents of gps jamming in the US last year, and there are typically a half dozen military gps jams every year, usually at major bases, test sites.
I also routinely see Gargoyle having latency or server problems, i.e. turn in 1/4 mile except the turn is just 100' away, they are not keeping up. Worse, sometimes it says Go North when the route is South. East/west too. Or make a u-turn, 30 seconds after I've already done that.
So check your phone, but know Gargoyle or the carrier is dropping the ball. Something like a Nuvi doesn't have those system problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez