Can I salvage my old video?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I had just filmed something and wanted to trim the video right? So I save it and I don't get an option to save as a copy or standalone video!? IT REPLACED MY ORIGINAL. I lost about 35 extra minutes of run time because of samsung's lack of a "undo" or "revert" function since they didn't think about letting me save differently the first time so this wouldnt happen.
-I'm verizon so I have no samsung cloud
-I dont have a windows or a mac to use a android recovery app, but I tried a lesser version for mobile and found a bunch of clips of my video but still not the 30+ minute original video
-Video was taken with my camera and edited (trimmed) with the base samsung video editor

If need be I can make it to a windows or mac.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The original probably no longer exists, so for this video, there's nothing you can do. In the future, always work on a copy when you're editing anything - text, a picture, a video, music, anything. Then, if anything goes wrong, you still have the original.

(The reason there's no "undo" on a video editor is that you can make enough changes that they can't all be saved, and the program needed to let you go back through the changes to pick the point to which you want to undo would be larger than the editing app. The same thing for music file editors. About the only "undo" is revert back to the original.)

By the way, if you have a Samsung phone, you can create a Samsung cloud account, and as it's an Android phone, you always have a google cloud account (Drive).