• Start date
A

Android Central Question

I want to download complete albums from th sd card not individual pictures

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
An "album" is just the last name in the path - i.e., a picture in /DCIM/Camera/Christmas would be in the "album" Christmas. You can download that folder (the /DCIM/Camera/Christmas folder), but what you're really doing "under the hood" is creating a folder named Christmas, then downloading all the pictures to it, one by one. If the USB port (or whatever means you're using for downloading) can't handle that much data at once, you'll have to manually create the folder, then manually copy the pictures individually.

"Albums" are an android artifact, used in some Android photo apps - they don't actually exist, and won't in a PC or other non-Android device.

Glenn Brooks

May 29, 2020
Visit site
I have a Motorola XT1254 DROID Turbo, version 6.0.1. that I no longer use. In 2016 I created an album. I can see the album on the phone, along with 4 other albums. When I connect the phone to my desktop via usb, I can not see 1 album or any of the pictures in the album. All the pictures were taken with the camera's phone and moved to the album. Any idea where they are? They have to be on the phone, don't they? I did not use the cloud.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure the photos are physically saved on the phone's storage, or are they actually in your Google Photos?

When you connect to the PC via USB, swipe down the notification panel and tap the USB notification icon, and make sure MTP (or File Transfer) is selected. Then on your PC, see if the phone storage shows up in Windows File Explorer.

Glenn Brooks

May 29, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. *sigh* . I don't recall using Google Photos, but I may have when I got the new phone. How/where would I check?
I did swipe down and made sure MTP is selected. I see "internal storage". I see VZPICS(verizon sms pictures, I guess) and 2 "albums" I created. I do not see the 1 album I want to copy to my PC.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The easiest way to see if your photos have been backing up automatically to your Google Photos in the cloud is to go to photos.google.com on your computer browser and see if they're there.

When connected via USB, look in the /DCIM or /DCIM/Camera folder to see if the missing album is there. Also, in Windows Explorer, make sure it's set to Show Hidden Folders/Files. If the name of the missing folder starts with a period, that gets hidden (unless the option is turned off).