OK so I bought a Samsung galaxy note 4 off of offer up and I get and it has already been factory hard resettled. So I go through and I get stuck at the Google verification. So I go and proceed to bypass the google verification, messing up the first time, so I factory hard reset it and it tells me E:failed to mount; pre-load; no such file. So I ignore it and proceed, messing up several more times, factory hard resetting several more times, I found android central on google and started reading more about this but I want to know if I must have it plugged into my PC for the downloading of the correct firmware or can I just do it from that same device that gave me the error?
    01-07-2019 07:13 AM
    We don't discuss attempts to bypass.
    What makes you think that the seller was the legitimate owner? If you acquire a device which you subsequently find is security-locked, stop there: contact the seller, report it, but DON'T attempt to bypass the security.
    kct1975 likes this.
    01-07-2019 07:28 AM
    You have to contact the person you bought it from and have him unlock it and remove his Google account.
    01-07-2019 12:30 PM