Touch screen not working after software update (J7 Core)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I did a software update to my Samsung J7 Core device from android Nougat to android Oreo 8.1 and when the update was done the device's touch screen became fully unfunctional, and not responsive. It didn't work at all. I tried removing sd card and sim card and booting it in the safe mode however it still didn't work. How can I fix this issue? So far I didn't find a single well explained video on Youtube for my issue, and most of the videos don't include my model type

A

Android Central Question

I did a software update to my Samsung J7 Core device from android Nougat to android Oreo 8.1 and when the update was done the device's touch screen became fully nonfunctional, and not responsive. It didn't work at all. I tried removing SD card and sim card and booting it in the safe mode however it still didn't work. How can I fix this issue? So far I didn't find a single well explained video on YouTube for my issue, and most of the videos don't include my model type
Note: I did change the touch screen before, however I changed it with an original Samsung screen

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you download and install the update yourself? Then download it from somewhere else (and make sure it's for your variant of the J7) and flash it again.

Or did it come over the air? If so, bring the phone to your carrier and ask them to please fix the problem. (The "please" is a bit facetious, but it's not the associate's fault, it's the carrier's fault. they broke your phone, so it's now a liability issue.)