Sony xperia XZ 2 No sim card problem

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello every one.
So my phone was working. My simcard was working.
I forgot to switch off the vibrate on the alarm button.
I woke up when i heard my phone fall on the ground. Good thing there was a carpet. This is not the first time its happened.

But this morning when it happened again. it started showing no sim card problem. i have taken out the simcard and the phone detects its a sim card but when it restarts it does not read it at all. i have tried the secret menu, changing the radio settings and everything . nothing seems to work. I still doubt its hardware related as when i remove the slot and re insert it, it will tell me sim card detected but once autorestarted .... nothing . Please help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you getting an icon in the status bar signifying no SIM card detected? If so, how do you know the phone detects it when you insert it? Is it saying it's detected, and then soon after, it shows no SIM card detected?

I'd first ask your carrier if you can test out another SIM card. If the same thing happens, then the SIM reader might have a loose connection that was prompted by one or more of those falls -- take it to a repair shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress