Why won't my Hotmail emails load?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Recently there was an update to email function. Since then my emails don't open in my Hotmail account. I have tried deleting and reloading the account. Nope! The inbox appears and the orange line goes from left to right for a bit. My email list appears as it should, but when i go to open an email, the email opens, the title of the email is at the top as usual, the orange line goes from left to right over n over n over..., and the body of the email never opens.

HELLLLLP!

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
First, as most likely would be pointed out by someone else, if I don't mention it...Officially Hotmail no longer exists and is officially called Outlook.com.

I will, refer to it as Hotmail for purposes of this response since you used the Hotmail name and I want to eliminate confusion between Outlook.com and the Business version of Microsoft Outlook.

So unfortunately you don't mention what app you are currently using to access your Hotmail, however, I am going to assume that you are using a default email app such as the Samsung Email app.

In my humble opinion, the easiest way to resolve your problem would be to remove your Hotmail account from the default email app, download the Outlook app and configure you Hotmail account to the Outlook app, since it was specifically designed to be used with Outlook.com (Hotmail) email accounts.

The other option, that I could suggest would be to simply trying to remove your Hotmail account from the default email app you are using and then reconfigure it to see if it will resync.

Last edited by a moderator: