Deleting emails

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm on Verizon. Have tablet,not moving to phone or computer. Having problems with emails stacking up.Today 500+ & I've deleted them sev times. Goes to 2nd step to remove/trash them,but next day they are back. Do I need to delete each one separately?
Can I set up auto 48 hrs deletion? Thanks,Nancy
PS,Im 83 yrs old & not tech savvy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Phones use IMAP email protocol - what you're deleting is what's on the phone, not what's on the email server, so if they're not on the phone, the server sends them to the phone. You have to go to the webmail page for your email provider (GMail if you use Gmail, Yahoo or AOL if you use them - or whatever provider you use - and spend about an hour deleting emails. [I do that about once a month, on 5 Gmail accounts, and it still takes a long time on some of them - as Yoda would say, "the spam is strong".]) Once they're no longer on the server, you won't see them on the phone again.

(And if the email provider has a way of filtering emails [Gmail does - open the email [on the webmail page], hit the 3 dots at the top, set a filter, click OK, then set the filter to delete, and to also delete any others that are there.] If you can do that first, you may get rid of a lot of old spam at once.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non