Music players stop working after using them for some time.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Oneplus 6 and I've been trying to use different music players because I don't like Google Play Music.

When I first install a music player app, it works great, but after some time, the buttons on the player's notification stop responding to touches. However, when i press the notification itself (not the buttons), it opens the app, where I am able to pause or skip.

I've also noticed that whenever this happens, the music doesn't automatically pause when headphones are disconnected.

The annoying thing is that this happens eventually, regardless of which player I try. I've already tried Black Player, Pulsar, Phonograph, Pi and a bunch of others. Every single one of them works fine, then suddenly the notification buttons stop responding and the music won't pause after disconnecting headphones.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you ever tried uninstalling and installing the apps again? Do they ever return to usability? Do you have multiple players installed at the same time? Do the buttons work on your lock screen once they have stopped working in your notification bar? This may be something better searched on the developer's FAQ page or directly of the dev. for one of these apps.

PiFe_K

Feb 24, 2019
Visit site
@VidJunky They sometimes start working again, but it's always temporary. I've even uninstalled many apps multiple times. They always go back to the same state.
I do have two players installed at the same time though, they are for separate music libraries. Also no, the buttons don't work on the lock screen. I figured it wasn't an app problem considering, it happened to every music player i've been using.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Given that it happens to each player it would seem to be unrelated to the app but why would it limit or stop direct input. You can see the buttons but they don't work... You mentioned something about headphones. I guess it could be possible that they are playing a part in this. Do your headphones have buttons? My Beats headphones have play/pause/answer, FF and RW, could your device be defaulting to this.