My work's free Wi-Fi doesn't show up on my phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I wasn't sure what category I should put this under, but I can't connect to my work's free Wi-Fi, eventhough everyone else can, customers included. The worst part is, it isnt even showing up under available networks, and nothing happens when i try to add a network. Is there a way to connect using the IP address instead of the network name? How do I fix this? Please help

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to connect using the IP address instead of the network name?

No, you get an IP address as a result of connecting to the network, you can't use the IP address of the network to make the connection.

Is your phone new? Has this phone connected to this network before and if it has what has changed recently?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it's possible to hide networks by not broadcasting the SSID. If you know the network name and password, check your phone's Wi-Fi options for a way to manually connect to the network. On my lg V20, it's under Advanced Wi-Fi, and may be similar on yours. Enter the credentials and see if it connects to anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38