In gmail I have incorrectly turned off samsung email but need to turn it back on

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Google said I must turn off Samsung email for security reasons but now I can't receive gmail so I want to turn it back on but can't find out how to do this

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that you're using the stock Samsung email app to receive your Gmail, and now your Gmail isn't coming through? Or are you using the Gmail app to receive some non-Gmail email account, and that's not coming through?

trowlock

Apr 4, 2019
Visit site
I've been accessing my Gmail quite happily from my Samsung phone for a long time but Google sent me a message today saying it was unsafe and giving me the option to turn Samsung Email off. Assuming that I was using Gmail rather than Samsung Email I foolishy turned it off thinking that if it caused a problem then I could just turn it back on again! Some hope! I'm now stuck with GMail on myn phone and can't find a way to turn it back on via Google.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's an odd message to receive -- was it an email from Google telling you that the Samsung email app was unsafe? Or a notification?

When you say you turned off Samsung Email, do you mean that you went to Settings>Apps, selected the Samsung Email app, then tapped Turn Off (also known as Disable)? If so, then you should still be able to find the app in that list and then tap the Turn On (or Enable) button.

trowlock

Apr 4, 2019
Visit site
It was an Email from Google entitled "Help us protect you ; Security advice from Google". When I clicked on the 'Take action' button it said Samsung Email as unsafe and gave the option to turn it off, which I did assuming that I could easily turn it back on if it was the wrong thing to do!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You wouldn't be able to turn off the Samsung Email app from your laptop. Open your Samsung Email app and go to its settings. If you see the Gmail account still there, then try removing it, and then add it back again.

It might also be helpful to see a screenshot of that email from Google, since something sounds a bit fishy (or phishy). Here's how to post a screenshot: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html. Make sure any identifying information is edited out of the screen first.