I use an Android (S7). Every time i switch on wifi (either from airplane mode or standard carrier data) on any network (home or otherwise) my location service (gps) switches on without my consent. I see a message regarding location accuracy and battery saving mode, which I (a) check and confirm neither are enabled and (b) dismiss straight away. However (1) the location service was already switched on without permission until i dismissed it and (2) i find that after dismissing this notification it first turns off the location service but then again turns it back on, forcing me to manually turn off location service.

All permissions regarding location - off. Emergency location service (els) - off. Location sharing off.

Then, with location services on, i confirm it is set to device only (not battery saving or high accuracy that use wifi networks). Wifi scanning is off.
    04-07-2019 07:36 PM
    It sounds like you've been pretty through in your efforts. I found this Android Central thread where the OP had an S7 with the same issue as you. Maybe there is help for you in there.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...g-its-own.html
    04-07-2019 09:45 PM
    Maybe there is help for you in there.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...g-its-own.html
    Hi Vidjunky yeah I've been through that and nothing seems to help. Further to this for anyone with any ideas I've performed a full factory reset and operated in safemode, alas still the problem remains. The only answer is that it is a Google / Samsung stock app. I've disabled every samsung app possible, disabled Google Play (as it's listed as the only app to have recently requested location permission) and still, every time i turn on wifi anywhere I'm asked for permission to use my location, which i deny, but then my gps remains turned on until i manually switch it off!
    04-09-2019 09:12 PM
    Sorry I know this is awfully late and all but I was just combing through threads I've participated in and came across this one again. First it should have been thorough and not through, lol. The other thing that came to mind was a notification that I got recently. I'm not sure how it is on the S7 but I got a notification saying that Find My Mobile, a Samsung app similar to Find My Device, a Google app, had requested my location. I'm not sure either of these can turn on GPS but if one could it would probably be Find My Mobile. It has a lot of controls and options, and for me it seems to be built into the OS. I don't find it as an app, just settings mixed in with my other settings. Really unless you're worried you'll be kidnapped or it's eating up your battery it might be easier to just live with it... Sorry I wasn't more help.
    04-20-2019 06:17 AM