Location Setting Glitch, help?

caffeine420

Jul 31, 2022
Visit site
I play Pokémon GO daily, so I need my GPS on at all times, nd need it on "high accuracy" on all times (the game thinks you're trying to spoof otherwise, which makes no sense but ok)

Every time I boot the game, I get a GPS error that requires opening my location settings (The game isn't causing the problem, I just wanted to provide context for why constant high accuracy matters to me) - and every single time, it's on "Phone Only." I manually switch to High Accuracy, then next time I open the game (or just, after a couple hours) it's turned itself off again. Power Saving settings have nothing to do with this as this issue has only been a thing for about three weeks now, and I have literally never had battery saver off on any of the phones I've owned, EVER.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Are you going to app info and changing the permission for the app there or are you going to settings->location and setting something there. Which ever one, try the other. But look through location settings anyways for Google location accuracy.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Which device?
Are you using game launcher when playing?

Your use power saving mode? You know what it does when turn on ? It shuts down background process, dims the screen brightness, and yes it can turn high accuracy for location, why because it saves battery among other things it does.

So try looking keep that app out of battery optimization, look at it's permission for location

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Last edited by a moderator:

caffeine420

Jul 31, 2022
Visit site
@mustang7757 None of this is even remotely true in the slightest. I literally said in my original post that this issue has NEVER EVER ***E V E R *** occurred before extremely recently, and I HAVE LITERALLY NEVER EVER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE had battery saver turned off, IT HAS ALWAYS 10000000% OF THE TIME BEEN ON AND NEVER CAUSED THIS PROIBKLEM!! Please actually read what I write instead of just outright lying to me after ignoring everything I said.

This is happening on a 4 year old S8 that HAS NEVER HAD ANY ISSUE EVEN REMOTELY LIKE THIS BEFORE!

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
@mustang7757 None of this is even remotely true in the slightest. I literally said in my original post that this issue has NEVER EVER ***E V E R *** occurred before extremely recently, and I HAVE LITERALLY NEVER EVER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE had battery saver turned off, IT HAS ALWAYS 10000000% OF THE TIME BEEN ON AND NEVER CAUSED THIS PROIBKLEM!! Please actually read what I write instead of just outright lying to me after ignoring everything I said.

This is happening on a 4 year old S8 that HAS NEVER HAD ANY ISSUE EVEN REMOTELY LIKE THIS BEFORE!
Welcome to AC!

First be little respectful, I didn't say your lying so don't say I'm lying, next I'm not sure what forums you visit or get involved in but the attitude not going happen here , we suggest what to look for and need you to register to follow through or explain more so no one calling no one a lier.

Forums are experiencing duplicate post glitch at the moment.

So anything further you like to add?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

You gotta ease up a little on the caffeine there caffeinator :eek: No need to go Cap Crazy ;) You have to remember it's a 4 year old phone... apps get updated over time and behaviors change. In the phone world nothing stays exactly the same for 4 years.. even things we like. You just have to work with the folks here to figure out what changed and how to change it back. Mustangs very knowledgeable, it wouldn't hurt to listen to his advice ;)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer