If i put my sim card in another phone does my numbet transfer

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have 2 galaxy 7 both phones are activated but one is not charging can I swap sim cards which number would it have

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
SIM stands for Subscriber Identity Module. The SIM contains the information to register the device on the network with your account which means that your phone number would come over, yes.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
SIM stands for Subscriber Identity Module. The SIM contains the information to register the device on the network with your account which means that your phone number would come over, yes.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
This is correct...however...with some carriers like Sprint and Verizon you will still need to contact the carrier to let them know about the device change or some features and services might not work, like 4G Data or Visual Voicemail or WiFi Calling.

If the swap of devices is temporary, and you don't mind not having full functionality of all services, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This is correct...however...with some carriers like Sprint and Verizon you will still need to contact the carrier to let them know about the device change or some features and services might not work, like 4G Data or Visual Voicemail or WiFi Calling.

If the swap of devices is temporary, and you don't mind not having full functionality of all services, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I've never had to contact Verizon for those features. Those features also don't work on every phone on Verizon. They only work on Verizon Carrier branded phones or certain carrier unlocked phones that Verizon partners with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty