How to lower standard (earphone) volume during incoming phonecalls

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Samsung A6 december 2018, version Android 9. Kernel 3.18.91-15516909
The slider doesn't go lower (to the left) when I want to lower the volume during a call.
Even when visually there's still room for it on the slider bar? It looks like the slider is fixed to a minimum threshold that is above the actual minimum and prevents you to reach the actual/visual minimum!? In practise I would like to be able to lower the volume during a call to zero(mute in this case) or as close to zero as I would like.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried just using the Volume Down button while you're in a phone call? (When you're not on the phone, the volume buttons are the media level.) Or you could just hit the volume button, then tap the gear, then tap the left side of the Call volume bar. If it doesn't go to 0, that's a manufacturer modification - it does on a Pixel.)

Dennis098

May 9, 2019
Visit site
Thx for your reply. Yes I tried to lower the volume during the call. tapping doesn't work either. It seems to be a fixed factory setting either from Samsung or Android? Strange. I know of max volume thresholds but this is the other way around... Without the possibility to adjust it yourself...

Dennis098

May 9, 2019
Visit site
I have done numerous things also installing an App. Endlessly looking through all the volume adjust options. And I couldn't find any any option that referred to adjusting the standard volume of an call. I also spoke t another Android user and he has the same "issue" and it looks like it is a system and or Android threshold that can not be adjusted unfortunately....

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I have done numerous things also installing an App. Endlessly looking through all the volume adjust options. And I couldn't find any any option that referred to adjusting the standard volume of an call. I also spoke t another Android user and he has the same "issue" and it looks like it is a system and or Android threshold that can not be adjusted unfortunately....
As was suggested above, while you are actually talking during a phone call, raise the volume. Take a screen shot if that doesn't work so we can see what's popping up. And what do you mean by downloaded an App?

Dennis098

May 9, 2019
Visit site
Dear Methodman, Thx a lot for your effort but with all respect I don't think you understand the problem and or have read my initial question properly but thx again for all your efforts. I'm afraid the reply of Rukbat says it all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non