Hello, I'm currently using a recently purchased as new Moto Z3 Play. I've installed all available updates (currently on 8.1.0) and all of my accounts are set up properly. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Z3 specifically or Android, but it is only happening on my Z3. Some of my calls show up properly, either a contact's name or a number if it's not saved to my list, but some show up as if I was calling my own number. Example would be I dial an unsaved number xxx-xxx-xxxx and the call screen will change to my name and number, If I call Contact Name xxx-xxx-xxxx, the call screen will change to show my name and number. Opening the phone app, the recent call will show as my name and number. This happens randomly, since some calls do show up correctly as dialed. Is this something anyone has faced before? I've cleared cache and recent calls but it still keeps occurring randomly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    05-15-2019 11:49 AM
    Hello, I'm currently using a recently purchased as new Moto Z3 Play. I've installed all available updates (currently on 8.1.0) and all of my accounts are set up properly. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Z3 specifically or Android, but it is only happening on my Z3. Some of my calls show up properly, either a contact's name or a number if it's not saved to my list, but some show up as if I was calling my own number. Example would be I dial an unsaved number xxx-xxx-xxxx and the call screen will change to my name and number, If I call Contact Name xxx-xxx-xxxx, the call screen will change to show my name and number. Opening the phone app, the recent call will show as my name and number. This happens randomly, since some calls do show up correctly as dialed. Is this something anyone has faced before? I've cleared cache and recent calls but it still keeps occurring randomly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    When is the last time you cleared the cache partition and rebooted?
    05-15-2019 09:42 PM
    When is the last time you cleared the cache partition and rebooted?
    The phone is only a few days old. I'm not sure how to do that.
    05-15-2019 11:09 PM
    You did a bunch of system updates, so it's possible some leftover cached data from previous versions is causing the issue. Here's how to wipe the cache partition: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/m...ay/wipe-cache/
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    05-16-2019 12:43 AM
    Thanks for the info B. I tried the steps and I don't have the option to wipe the cache partition. Since it's fairly new I could try a factory reset?
    You did a bunch of system updates, so it's possible some leftover cached data from previous versions is causing the issue. Here's how to wipe the cache partition: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/m...ay/wipe-cache/
    05-16-2019 01:42 PM
    Hmm, probably means your phone supports seamless updates (which means there's no cache partition, since the phone has dual system partitions that allow for the seamless updating). I think a factory reset is worth trying -- just make sure you back up any important data first.
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    05-16-2019 02:25 PM