Calls to contacts show up as a call to myself

JRF_1986

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm currently using a recently purchased as new Moto Z3 Play. I've installed all available updates (currently on 8.1.0) and all of my accounts are set up properly. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Z3 specifically or Android, but it is only happening on my Z3. Some of my calls show up properly, either a contact's name or a number if it's not saved to my list, but some show up as if I was calling my own number. Example would be I dial an unsaved number xxx-xxx-xxxx and the call screen will change to my name and number, If I call Contact Name xxx-xxx-xxxx, the call screen will change to show my name and number. Opening the phone app, the recent call will show as my name and number. This happens randomly, since some calls do show up correctly as dialed. Is this something anyone has faced before? I've cleared cache and recent calls but it still keeps occurring randomly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Hello, I'm currently using a recently purchased as new Moto Z3 Play. I've installed all available updates (currently on 8.1.0) and all of my accounts are set up properly. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Z3 specifically or Android, but it is only happening on my Z3. Some of my calls show up properly, either a contact's name or a number if it's not saved to my list, but some show up as if I was calling my own number. Example would be I dial an unsaved number xxx-xxx-xxxx and the call screen will change to my name and number, If I call Contact Name xxx-xxx-xxxx, the call screen will change to show my name and number. Opening the phone app, the recent call will show as my name and number. This happens randomly, since some calls do show up correctly as dialed. Is this something anyone has faced before? I've cleared cache and recent calls but it still keeps occurring randomly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
When is the last time you cleared the cache partition and rebooted?

JRF_1986

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, probably means your phone supports seamless updates (which means there's no cache partition, since the phone has dual system partitions that allow for the seamless updating). I think a factory reset is worth trying -- just make sure you back up any important data first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty