How to solve Auto turn on data connection?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My mobile is Lenovo phab 2-650M android version 6.0 kernel version 3.18.19+

some days before i tried to play my headphone on my above mobile, the headphone symbol shown, but not hear the sound. I tried many more times, i can't hear the sound. So i switched off the phone and switched on the phone. Now the headphone worked. But i faced a problem. In my mobile, i never switch on the WLAN, it always in off. In advanced WLAN settings, i selected the "never" option for "keep WLAN on during sleep". Then my phone is in sleep, the data connection automatically turned on. I checked in to settings,turned off it. After some times it will again turned on automatically. How to solve this problem?

When anybody send whatsapp msg, and when some apps required to update msg come, the data connection turned on automatically. How to solve this problem?

How to off the data connection turned on automatically? This problem caused after the phone switched off to switched on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! WLAN is wi-fi, while mobile data is the 3G/4G cellular connection. If you turn off wi-fi, that doesn't affect your mobile data connection. Are you also turning off mobile data?

A

Android Central Question

How to solve the data connection turned on automatically?

My mobile is Lenovo phab 2-650M android version 6.0 kernel version 3.18.19+

In my above mobile, often the data connection turned on automatically. Some times i checked and turned off the data connection. After some times it will again turned on automatically. Some days before i switched off the phone again switched on the phone. From that time, i faced this problem. What is the reason the data connection turned on automatically? How to solve the data connection turned on automatically?

Pls note, i turned off the data connection manually, but after some times the data connection turned on automatically.

May 24, 2019
Visit site
Dear Sir(B. Diddy),

I can understand your system of discussion forum. Now i registered and send this reply.

Your thread posted on 05-21-2019 01:02 PM, You questioned me, "Are you also turning off mobile data?"
My answer is "YES", the data connection is also turned off.

I turned off the data connection manually, but after some times the data connection will turned on automatically.

What is the reason the data connection turned on automatically? How to solve the data connection turned on automatically?

Give good solution.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for registering! From your first post in this thread, you mentioned WLAN as well, which is wi-fi, so I just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing. You're saying you turned off your 3G/4G mobile data, but that keeps turning back on by itself, correct? I need to be sure we're not mixing up the wi-fi toggle with the mobile data toggle.

May 24, 2019
Visit site
Yes sir.

I can understand that not mixing up the wi-fi toggle with the mobile data toggle. It was separate, i am sure.

Your Question: You're saying you turned off your 3G/4G mobile data, but that keeps turning back on by itself, correct?

My Answer: Yes.

I turned off the mobile data, but after some times it will turn on automatically. How to stop this auto turn on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you also tell us how you know the mobile data is turned back on? Do you see a change in the signal indicator icon in the status bar? Or are you looking in the Settings>Data Usage​ menu?

May 24, 2019
Visit site
Your question: Do you see a change in the signal indicator icon in the status bar?

My ans: Yes, i can see the signal indicator icon in the status bar that shows the data connection is on.

I also see in the settings>data usage menu>there were i can see the mobile data status bar is on.

All this things are going automatically.

Then i went to "quick swipe down menu bar" i turned off the data connection, i also checked in settings>data usage menu>mobile data status bar is off. Now all things are off condition. Now i put the phone in sleep mode.

After some times or when i take the phone, unlock the phone, i can see the "data connection is on" indicator in the status bar. This is going on automatically.

HOW TO STOP AUTO TURN ON DATA CONNECTION ?

May 24, 2019
Visit site
when reboot (safe mode/normal mode) the whatsapp msgs, sms, photos, stored phone nos, call log history, whatsapp images etc all this things are what happened to them?

Does enter/exit safe mode reboot affect any phone's stored datas/infos like factory data reset?

clear this doubt, i will do reboot, then convey the status of this problem.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, it just temporarily (while you're in safe mode) disables any apps you've installed. We do this to see if it's an installed app that's causing a problem.

May 24, 2019
Visit site
As per your instruction i did the enter/exit safe mode reboot.

When i enter into safe mode, i got a msg box with " temporarily disabled truecaller " bottom of that box has " report & ok" .

I didn't press any option.

Then i reboot the phone, after two seconds, i heard msg bling sound, the signal indicator icon in the status bar that shows the data connection is on. That msg is alert msg of truecaller app.

I think, the problem caused by this app. Please note this app installed in this phone in very earlier time.

But now i turned off the mobile data. Let us see, when it will turn on automatically?
If it is not turned on automatically, no problem.
If it is turned on automatically, what i need to do?

May 24, 2019
Visit site
I entered into safe mode and disabled the truecaller.

Then rebooted the phone again. Clicked on the truecaller, the data connection turned on automatically.

So, I decided to uninstall/reinstall/update the app. The data connection is on now however, already it was on when clicked on the truecaller app.

I uninstalled-reinstalled-updated the app now. Turned off the data connection. Then clicked on the truecaller app, the data connection was not turned on automatically.

now i watch-keeping the phone, if the problem exist again by truecaller app, i will contact the support of the truecaller.

May 24, 2019
Visit site
In earlier, i think, the auto-turn on data connection caused by truecaller. My thinking is not correct. The problem was not caused by whatsapp/truecaller/or any other app. And i can't understand or i can't find the root cause of this auto-turn on data connection. In earlier i have this same apps in this same mobile, there were no problem. One time i made off-on the mobile, from that, i got this problem.

I got tired due to this problem without solution.

Kindly give idea to solve this problem.

Note: The installed apps are not causing problem.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
In earlier, i think, the auto-turn on data connection caused by truecaller. My thinking is not correct. The problem was not caused by whatsapp/truecaller/or any other app. And i can't understand or i can't find the root cause of this auto-turn on data connection. In earlier i have this same apps in this same mobile, there were no problem. One time i made off-on the mobile, from that, i got this problem.

I got tired due to this problem without solution.

Kindly give idea to solve this problem.

Note: The installed apps are not causing problem.
Unless you put the phone in Safe Mode, you do not know whether or not it is an installed app.
There is an algorythm used to dx your data switch.
If you ask for help or advice, then disregard a standard troubleshooting task, what do you expect except a circular problem.
Do the steps, or figure it out and post your solution. Good luck

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I entered into safe mode and disabled the truecaller.

Then rebooted the phone again. Clicked on the truecaller, the data connection turned on automatically.

So, I decided to uninstall/reinstall/update the app. The data connection is on now however, already it was on when clicked on the truecaller app.

I uninstalled-reinstalled-updated the app now. Turned off the data connection. Then clicked on the truecaller app, the data connection was not turned on automatically.

now i watch-keeping the phone, if the problem exist again by truecaller app, i will contact the support of the truecaller.

If you reboot while in Safe Mode, that means you exit Safe Mode. So as methodman89 points out, you haven't yet proved that TrueCaller isn't the problem. Use the phone in Safe Mode for a day (or at least for several hours), and see if the problem happens. If mobile data comes on by itself while in Safe Mode then you can confidently say TrueCaller isn't the culprit. But if mobile data stays off while in Safe Mode, then it still could be the problem.

Another way to figure it out (again, as methodman89 has suggested), is to uninstall TrueCaller and don't reinstall it, then use the phone for a day or so. If mobile data doesn't turn on by itself, it's probably TrueCaller. Then reinstall the app, and see if it happens again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87