;how r 3 different phone app installs

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

all 3 r licensed through/with/from/(watevr) apache-found conversation here with mention of "lollipop" but have not a clue wat that is-seemef to be 4 or 5 different versions of phone mentioned -why is there more than 1 install of the same app from the same place/people/service/provider/watevr - & how is this even possible-
is this caused by hackers - am i being tracked -is it spoofers-shouldnt the original not have its self listed as other system it uses -dont understand it & feel like it shouldnt be this way-just thought about this so cant say when last time was but with as many updates as i get for apps i dont recall 1 ever for phone-hmmm-idk im confused-help-PLEASE & THANK YOU

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? It's not unusual to have more than one system app called Phone -- I don't know the details, but I suspect they're different apps that address different aspects of the phone function. For example, my Pixel 3 XL lists Phone, Phone and Messaging Storage, and Phone Services as 3 separate system apps. Your phone might just be listing all of these as "Phone" 3 times.