The ability to transfer files or photo's etc between Apple devices is fantastic, but when is Android going to get it's equivalent....?

Or have I missed it....?
    06-12-2019 09:20 PM
    Airdrop is a basically wifi direct. It just uses bluetooth to detect another iOS device then transfers the stuff through wifi direct. On Android, just share to another device via WiFi direct. The other device may have manually turn on their wifi direct though.

I hear some manufacturers can't Wifi direct across different manufacturers, so you'd want to install Shareit for that.
    06-12-2019 09:49 PM
    The ability to transfer files or photo's etc between Apple devices is fantastic, but when is Android going to get it's equivalent....?

Or have I missed it....?
    Android had (and still has) something called Android Beam, which was released way before AirDrop. It’s not quite as advanced or convenient, but when it was released it was way ahead of the competition. You essentially enable Android Beam and (I think) NFC, hold the two phones together and the files will be transferred within several seconds.

Was really cool when I first saw (and used) it.
    08-19-2019 06:18 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-19-2019 08:43 AM
    Sharing photos via Google Photos is super-easy, and probably more secure. AirDrop has had security issues in the past (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=WH0UYqyW) which I'm sure have been patched, but this means it likely remains a target for industrious hackers ...
    08-19-2019 02:15 PM
    Sharing photos via Google Photos is super-easy, and probably more secure. AirDrop has had security issues in the past (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=P2qbVnE2) which I'm sure have been patched, but this means it likely remains a target for industrious hackers ...
    Not to mention the fact that you always get a preview of what is being sent can be annoying.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-20-2019 01:59 PM